S H O P O U R S T O R E
Beef feeds tailored to your needs
WW Feed & Supply has a full line of manufactured feeds for the beef industry from Purina Mills and ADM Animal Nutrition, plus we CUSTOM mix on a daily basis for our customer.
Supplementation is important since typical protein levels of dry winter grama grass are 3 to 6%. Since even dry cows in mid-gestation need a minimum of 7% protein for efficient digestion of forage and to maintain themselves and their growing fetus, supplementation of some sort is necessary. As winter progresses and calving time approaches those needs rise to about 8%. After calving, as the cow starts milking, protein needs rise to 9 to10% of the total diet. First-calf heifers, heavy-milking cows and cows in thin body condition may require more supplementation.
Thus, one of the main questions that cattlemen should be asking is how to provide that protein most economically and conveniently. Wed like to help you explore options:
- Liquid feed Mix 30 is a high-energy alternative to the typical urea and molasses liquid feeds. Mix 30 is a natural, palatable, consistent and nutrient-rich blend of corn and soy ingredients. This liquid feed, which supplies a combination of protein and energy, appears to be an economical option this year. We deliver by the semi load, you can check out one of our transport trailers or you can pick it up in your own container.
- Custom mixes - We do mixes ALL DAY LONG! Our most popular mix right now is dried distillers grains, corn & mineral. We can tailor it - or any mix - to your herd's needs. Let Curt help balance your feed ration.
- Cubes We will have 20%, 26% and 31% protein cubes available now. Our cubes are manufactured by Purina Mills, ADM Animal Nutrition, Colo. Mills, Ranch-Way or Tallgrass, so quality control of both ingredients and finished product is excellent, but the prices are quite competitive.
The 20% is fortified grain based; the 26% fortified sunflower-based and the 31% is DDG-based. We can deliver truckloads of cubes, bag or bulk, direct to your ranch or we keep 50# sacks and bulk tote bags in inventory at the feedstore.
We even sell T&S Trip Hopper cube feeders to help you measure out the appropriate amount of daily feed.
- Tubs The most convenient way to provide protein is with self-fed protein tubs, however tubs are usually the most expensive option. We carry fortified 30% protein and 20% protein cow tubs.
- Hay Alfalfa is the polar opposite of tubs. Alfalfa may be a good way to stretch grass supplies. However, hay is much higher in cost and in short supply this year. It also requires time, labor, and regular pasture trips with the hidden costs for high-priced fuel, oil & tires. Don't forget to calculate all the costs of handling and delivering that hay when you are figuring out your best option.